Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Plants Have Eyes

Yesterday, I helped my dad plant our vegetable garden!!! We have 3 different types of peppers, tomatoes, summer (crookneck) squash, and later we want to get some peas growing :) Along with our vegetable garden, we have raspberry bushes as well (I am hoping they do well this summer!!!).
While I was watering all of the plants yesterday, an interesting thought came to mind. In the scriptures, faith is likened unto a little seed, "if planted it will grow..." (you know the primary song;) Anyways, while I was thinking about this analogy, I considered the fact that while plants are living, just like us, they don't have eyes. Yes, it is a given that they don't have ears, noses or any of those other features. But while faith could be compared to something else besides a seed, a plant needs that faith because it has no eyes...
I know, that thought process probably didn't make very much sense, huh? But it just reminded me of the story in Alma 30:43 where Korihor asks for a sign so that he may know that there is a God. In verse 45, he says again, "Yeah, I will deny, except ye shall show me a sign." Sign seeking is similar to adultry. They both seek to please the human senses.
(Now I'll try to conclude my complicated thoughts, ha). So while we are planting our seeds of faith, it is important that we don't attempt to use our senses to gain faith! Like the plants that don't have eyes or ears, we need to rely on that faith without seeking signs.
The plants have eyes through faith.
The End :)
Have a lovely Saturday!!!

(Here are pictures of my garden that I took today:)








No comments:

Post a Comment