Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rubies, Diamonds, Sapphires

What am I doing right now? Watching the Justin Bieber movie, haha. Who does that?! I guess I do ;) While the movie is inspirational in its own way, I am kind of worried about all of the girls that it keeps showing... they cry a lot.... and I mean A LOT! They seem.... emotionally unstable. Now don't get me wrong-- I cry sometimes, and I have times when my emotions are just over the edge... but it just does not seem healthy in this movie!!!! I am happy that Justin has fans and that he is having a successful career-- I do like his music-- but I just worry about the poor little girls that can't get a grip on things. Bless their little hearts.
But that's not what I'm really wanting to blog about! Haha. But still keeping in mind Justin Bieber, it has been amazing to see how natural his talent is to sing, perform, entertain... He's really quite genuine. Like Justin, we all have our own talents. Some of us have musical, artistic talents that stand out and are easy to identify. For others, the talents don't stand out quite as much, but are just as important.

We all came into this world with our own special talents. These talents are given to us to bless our lives, but also to bless the lives of others. They bring us joy in this life and help give us unique personalities. Sometimes it's easy to compare ourselves to others and say that we are not as talented as another person. But when we are able to put that aside, we are able to see what we really are capable and take the initiative to learn, to progress, and to help our talents grow. To some, certain talents come naturally, but whoever they are, they have other talents that aren't as noticeable that have room for improvement.
I am always impressed by the people that recognize that they have a gift but aren't afraid to improve it. However, I am more impressed by those that recognize that they have the potiential for a gift and they work hard and developing it into something that can truly bless their lives and others. It's beautiful.

I have a friend that sometimes struggles with accepting herself for who she is. It is easy for her to compare herself to others and find her own faults. She's not the only one that does this. It is one of Satan's tactics to try and tell us that we are not as good as other people-- to convince us that we just aren't good enough and that we can't change. This is false! Whoever you are, YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH! You can change. You have the power to develop and become a better version of yourself. Don't let Satan get the best of you and cause you to tear yourself down.

It is good to recognize our talents. It is unfortunate when someone has a gift but they just don't see it-- they are in denial that it exists because they feel as though it's not big enough to shout about there for it's not "good enough". It is also unfortunate when someone recognizes they have a gift but they let it get to their heads. There is a fine line to balance on. While I am in no way perfect, I find that it is easier to find that ideal place of balancing when focusing on blessing the lives of others with my talents. When I am able to forget about me and what I'm gaining from what I have and turn my focus to others... that's what makes a world of difference.
This has been a kind of random post, but I just felt like I wanted to talk about talents. So what's with the Rubies, Diamonds, and Sapphires in the title? To one it is given a ruby. To another, a diamond. And to another, a sapphire. These are all different, but they are all valuable. If we always saw diamonds as the only jewl in the world, it would lose it's value. Same with the rubies and sapphires. Just because because one has a different talent from another, it doesn't make their talent less valuable. It's the combination of everyones unique talents in this world that make it so diverse and exciting.

Well, my lovelies, it is time for me to get to bed! I will be waking up in the morning to choreograph part of a dance for the dance class I'm teaching this summer. I should have done it tonight... but I was watching Justin Bieber ;) I hope you all have a marvelous night and have sweet dreams. Much love.

Links to pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment