Friday, March 25, 2011

Serving the Lord


I am very pleased and over-joyed to announce that my older brother got his mission call! He will be serving in the Puebla Mexico Mission!!!! And he leaves August 3rd. This is just super happy :) To be honest, out of all of the friends that I have had leave for missions over the years, my brother was the very first person I have ever witnessed open a mission call. It was very power and super memorable.
I am very excited for my older brother to serve his mission. This fall, I plan to leave on my own mission, and my younger brother is getting set to leave on his mission this year as well. It is unbelieveable!!! Just being there when my brother opened his call was a tender mercy as the spirit manifested once again in my life that this is the true church on the earth, and that Jesus Christ, our Savior, is the head of the Church. I pray for the missionaries every night that they will find those that are ready to hear and receive the gospel. I am so proud of my brother and his desire to serve God for the next 2 years of his life. It is miraculous. I love you bro :)

3 comments:

  1. Rach that is just so wonderful! I am really excited for your family, what a wonderful experience for all of you :) P.S. I had NO idea you were planning on serving a mission! You're going to be absolutely incredible! We apparently need to catch up STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Rachie poo, your family is amazing. I am so excited for Daniel, I love that he didn't tell anyone until his papers were in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah... I found out through facebook that he even turned them in! My life is funny, I'm tellin ya ;)
    And JESS!!! Yes, I plan to finish my papers by the end of August and leave around my birthday. Let's PLEASE catch up STAT!! haha

    ReplyDelete