Sunday, July 11, 2010

Abide with Me



Today, my dad and I sang in sacrament meeting, and my mom played the piano for us. It was a wonderful experience. The song we sang was Abide with Me arranged by Sally DeFord. At first, I wasn't very enthusiastic about singing this song, but the more I practiced it and studied the message, the more I began to love the hymn. While singing, it was wonderful to look down at all the smiling faces of the members in my ward. As I looked around, from face to face, I saw my best friend and her little sister sitting in the back. It made me so happy to see them there! While my throat tends to go dry when I "perform"/sing in front of other people, I feel as though my mom, dad, and myself did a very fine job :)
I encourage you all to read through the words of that hymn. I believe it's number 166 in the hymn book. I hope you all had a lovely Sabbath Day!
(The art pictured is by Simon Dewey)



No comments:

Post a Comment