Thursday, March 25, 2010

Birds Chirping, Fluorescent Sweaters, and Ladies in Hairnets

The bathroom can be a curious place to be... This morning, I didn't feel like getting up on time, so I ended up bringing my straightener and make-up to school so I could get ready for the day AFTER my first class (what a brilliant plan!). While I was getting ready in the bathroom, I had a few interesting experiences.
The First: I was doing my hair when from one of the stalls, I heard this angelic song start playing with birds chirping... it was a beautiful song, but I couldn't help but wonder "Who is playing music in the bathroom stall?" and "What is this song?". Well, the girl turned out to be really sweet and we struck up a nice convo when she was washing her hands. I never asked her what the song was, but I was glad I could hear the birds chirping :)
The Second: Not long after the first girl left, another girl entered the bathroom. I'll tell you what, she had on one of the most nice sweaters I have seen! It consisted of very bold colors (red, purple, black... maybe some blue and yellow). I loved it! Well, we struck up convo about the sweater while she was washing her hands, and it turns out that she got it in the men's section of the H&M store in England. Although I have shopped at that clothing store, I am sad to say that there no such store in Utah :( But hey, I was still happy I got to behold this nice sweater.
The Third (and Last): Again, not long after the second girl left, another woman entered into the bathroom. While she was washing her hands (of course), we started talking-- not necessarily about something awesome, but just about the whereabouts of the Benson building. Once we dertermined its location, she left. Kudo's to her for wearing a hairnet! What a lady.
So those are my interesting experiences that really did happen, all within 20 minutes I believe. So don't underestimate the cool things that could happen in the restroom :)
(Let's see if we can get an H&M store in Utah!)







Chirping Bird Painting

2 comments: