Monday, February 22, 2010

Inspiration from the Weekend: Ballerinas

Hello my lovies! What a splendid weekend we just had :) Although it did snow a little bit, the clouds parted every now and then to let the sun (or moon) show their happy face! It was a great weekend to relax yet get a lot of unfinished tasks done.
On Saturday, I was so blessed to go to a ballet with one of my dearest friends, Justin. Oh what a thrill it was to see all of those very talented girls on Pointe! They were very strong dancers, and I was in awe of their abilities. The last number was a tango (that's right, a ballet tango), and I just fell in love with the soloists! They did some outstanding lifts and partner work. The girl was full of grace (which includes flexibility and strength), and the guy was a very firm partner that helped guide the two of them around the stage. If I could be anything in the world, I would be a Prima Ballerina :) What a life that would be.
I have attached some pictures of some ballerinas that I hope you enjoy!












2 comments:

  1. dang, those dancers have great extensions and unparalleled rhythm. the ballet we went to was pretty good. the entrée was an instant classic. i was also thoroughly impressed with the grand jeté of the side dancers halfway through the adage. i was just waiting to see more fouettés and adagios after intermission, but was sorely let down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heavens Justin! I have no idea where you pulled those vocab words from, but I loved it! haha. Good job ;)

    ReplyDelete