Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pathways

Today, I was walking to my dance class as I passed the house that sits on the edge of campus. I do not know if anyone lives in the home at present day, but I kept my eye on the home as I walked by, studying it's features. I noticed that there was a little pathway leading from the sidewalk I was on up to the back door of the home. I found this path to be very quaint yet attractive for the home.
Pathways are quite a symbolic thing in life. There are many wonderful metaphors that use them, and many meanings in life that pertain to them. It was a peaceful experience to analyze this pathway and ponder about it the rest of my way to class.
In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we often refer to the strait and narrow path when discussing our life here on earth. It can be looked at as a scary thing: strait and narrow. With good things in store as we stay on the path, there are also terrible things hidden right off the path.
I have attached a few pictures of pathways. Although the pictures don't depict a strait nor narrow path, I found the beauty of the surroundings to the path to be peaceful. (I know, this still doesn't relate to the 'strait and narrow path', but I am looking at the pictures for their beauty.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment